Thursday 16 January 2014

Zapp!

So I was scrolling through my Twitter news feed considering that since PR Week changed their magazine to being monthly, it feels like ages since I have really read anything that is industry relevant (with the exception of the many dissertation references I've read). So I head to Brand Republic Twitter page and find a story that not only is quite relevant to my dissertation but for some reason really catches my attention, so I thought I'd blog about it!...

Zapp is a new mobile payment service, looking to invest millions into a campaign to take on competitors PayPal and Weve. It has already founded partnerships with HSBC, First Direct, Nationwide, Santander and Metro Bank, which will use Zapp technology for their current account holders who use their banking apps on their smartphones or tablets. The technology brings the latest in integration where consumers can pay via Zapp in stores and online, rendering the need for cards and cash unnecessary.

The three main objectives for Zapp's campaign are:

- To make people aware of the brand
- Educate them on mobile payments
- Drive usage

The technology is also very competitively priced compared to PayPal and overall the launch is promising!

Whilst the strategy appears to be all thought through and put into place, I'm excited to see the campaign materials and communications but we shall have to wait until the Autumn of this year to find out. Zapp is said to mark the revolution in moneys' digital switch-over so watch this space!

Sources for further info:
Brand Republic Story
Telegraph Story

No comments:

Post a Comment