Tuesday 12 March 2013

Careers Fair at BNU

Today was the careers fair at Bucks New University and our digital module lecturer gave us the opportunity to go down there and have a look and ask potential employers about future options or to also possibly gain primary research for any of our assignment projects.

Fortunately, John Lewis had a stall and myself and another member of my group interviewed them about their marketing for our digital module and also found out about careers in marketing for John Lewis. Unfortunately they don't have a graduate programme but they do offer work experience to anyone who applies through head office. Although currently I'm not too sure about working on the marketing for a retail store, I think any experience in any sector right now is valuable to put on my CV and crucial in getting a career after or even just before graduation.

Another stall that particularly caught my attention was Thorpe Park/ Merlin Entertainment. I'd never considered working for a company such as this, I'd always thought of agencies but then again, why not work there? They have to be as creative as possible in order to renew people's enthusiasm to come back to the park every spring/summer and this implies they would be a fun brand to work for. I think this would be an amazing opportunity but unfortunately rather than offer work experience they offer a graduate scheme. I think after more research into it I would definitely consider applying for it, such a shame I'm not graduating this year, but the time will pass quickly enough I'm sure!

So all in all a very productive day and once again an event to help get me thinking about my future and figure out what I really want to do as graduation approaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment