Thursday 18 April 2013

It all seems to happen at once!

This week has certainly been a good first week back from Easter. Firstly we got two more assignment grades back for previously submitted work before Easter. One was a brand report that I did for Thomson holidays and I got  first for it. And then another was the traffic building magazine I have previously posted up onto here which our group for a 2:1 for, so it's good results all round. 

My university work group also found out on the 17th that the work we submitted to the international Edcom Ad Venture competition was short listed in the final 12 campaigns out of around 80 team applicants across Europe. Also we are the only UK team to be short listed!! 


Our team are so excited that we've come even this far and we can't wait for next Wednesday when the names of the final 3 campaigns will be announced! The final 3 get to present their idea to a panel of judges in Portugal next month!!

And if that isn't enough excitement for one week I just got an email saying that there is a potential two week placement for me over the summer at an advertising and digital marketing agency in Buckinghamshire. I'm super excited for this as I've only really done one placement at the same company and even though EWO are amazing and I love going back and working there, I'm excited for something different; different work, different environment, different clients. It just adds to my CV and the wider the range of experiences I have, the better! I'm still on my mission to attend multiple 1-2 week work placements this summer in order to really build up my CV before my final year!

Also next Wednesday our university group are visiting Arena Media to be fully briefed on our last assignment; a live brief! From research they have such a wide variety of clients- but we've been assured it's not Dominos :) I'm secretly hoping it's either haven or a retail store. I'm in the summer mood as it's only 11 weeks until I go on holiday (and did all my shopping for it yesterday). However, we shall see, being able to work on any live brief and have the chance to impress an agency is an amazing opportunity regardless!

The pace of everything university related is really cranking up right now, but it's so exciting and I'm loving it! My aim is to push through these last few weeks left, get these assignments done, get my exam done, organise work placements and enjoy everything else that is going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment