Wednesday 19 December 2012

The Good, the Bad and the Delightful!

Well been a little longer between posts on here than I had hoped but the past two weeks have been so stressful... all four assignments due at the same time, makes me wonder how I would cope with multiple client accounts when I get a job. But the important thing now is that they're all done and dusted and I'm just awaiting some results and should get cracking with the next four assignments!

The bad news is that I got my first ever 2:2, which to tell you the truth I'm gutted about! However, it's all experience and this is just motivation for the group to make sure that the next assignment is better!

The good news is that I got another assignment back (my individual PR product launch piece) and I got a 2:1 for it (yay), which put the smile back on my face. I've got plenty of detailed feedback which hopefully will help me boost my grade next time to a first! I want to put up some parts of my work on here as this blog is designed to be my portfolio also but as I understand it currently I can't yet as at the end of the year my work has to be externally moderated and posting it online before then isn't the best idea.

Plus (yes more good news) for another module's assignment our task was to come up with a solution for the 2012/2013 Edcom competition.

http://www.adventure-competition.eu/pages.asp?pageName=brief

We had to create agency teams and come up with a solution to tackle young adult binge drinking on a European scale. We had to critically analyse the brief set to us and come up with your own campaign able idea and present it to a panel of university judges. The best teams (if there are any) would be put forward to compete in the actual Edcom competition on behalf of the university. If you haven't guessed where this is going by now... yes our team has been put forward!! Plus we all got personally congratulated by the judges on our presenting skills and the amount of time and effort we put into our idea.

Unfortunately again I can't disclose any actual details until after the competition is over but watch this space where throughout the year I will reveal all!

For now though- the delightful news- it's 5 days until my birthday and 6 days until Christmas and spending some quality time with my family and friends is definitely in order! Have a great holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment